PHOTO COURTESY OF KARI HERER AND UNION
Our restaurant partners tell the story of the Maine food system through their menus; each is unique and each is rich in local ingredients.
East Ender is a casual, two level restaurant located on Portland’s food famous Middle Street.
EVO Kitchen + Bar
EVO kitchen + bar cooks contemporary Mediterranean and Middle Eastern inspired food using local, seasonal ingredients. The kitchen strives to marry the techniques and traditions of the Eastern Mediterranean with the incredible bounty of Maine produce, fish, and meat.
Piccolo is an Italian restaurant located in Portland, Maine serving foods inspired by the humble cuisines of Southern and Central Italy. Piccolo is a modern take on classic rustic country food with a focus from Calabria and Abruzzi. Everything coming from the kitchen is made with the best local produce, fish, meat, and the finest imported Italian ingredients.
Scales is a local seafood restaurant focusing on the best quality ingredients sourced locally whenever possible.
Solo Italiano represents truly authentic, Italian cuisine. Chef Paolo Laboa comes to us from Genova, Italy and offers food that is simple with ingredients that sing. All components are prepared by hand and are fresh from the farm and sea. This includes all pastas, which are made in house daily, and features his world award-winning pesto.
Aptly named UNION, our name represents the restaurant’s relationship with the community – the local farmers, fishermen, brewers and craftsmen that create the uniquely Portland experience. We believe that being supplied by the best local farms allows you to enjoy ingredients at their peak of flavor. A celebration of the region, Chef Josh Berry creates a rotating seasonal menu that takes a fresh look at classic dishes using contemporary preparations and regional ingredients. Diners will find the diverse dishes approachable, sophisticated, delicious and relevant to the vibrant Portland food scene.
· · ·
Maine Grown & Caught
Our tour tasting partners are committed to using Maine ingredients from statewide farms, seafood caught in local waters, and specialty product providers.
- Backyard Farms, Madison, ME
- Bangs Island Mussels, Portland, ME
- Breezy Hill Farm, South Berwick, ME
- Broad Arrow Farm, Bristol, ME
- Broadturn Farm, Scarborough, ME
- Buckspork of Maine, Chesterville, ME
- Bumbleroot Organic Farm, Windham, ME
- Caldwell Farm, Turner, ME
- Dandelion Spring Farm, Bowdoinham, ME
- Green Spark Farm, Cape Elizabeth, ME
- Harbor Fish Market, Portland, ME
- Linda Kate Lobster, Portland, ME
- Maine Lobster Direct, Portland, ME
- Maya’s Apiary, Sidney, ME
- Mousam Valley Mushrooms, Springvale, ME
- North Star Sheep Farm, Windham, ME
- Northspore Mushroom Company, Westbrook, ME
- Olivia’s Garden, New Gloucester, ME
- Pineland Farms, New Gloucester, ME
- Portland Farmers Market, Portland, ME
- Snell Family Farm, Buxton, ME
- Stonecipher Farm, Bowdoinham, ME
- Sumner Valley Farm, Sumner, ME
- Swallowtail Farm & Creamery, North Whitefield, ME
- Two Coves Farm, Harpswell, ME
- Two Farmers Farm, Scarborough, ME
- Upstream Trucking, Portland, ME
- Winter Hill Farm, Freeport, ME